Meeting Times Bi-monthly, 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 7pm
Meeting Location Town Offices
Contact Sandra Papush, Chair
Phone 413-268-8244
Email Address
Mailing Address 40 Main Street , Goshen MA 01032
Overview The Goshen Conservation Commission administers the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and related regulations. The Commission has the authority to regulate activities in the "buffer zone" of upland that is within 100 feet of a wetland or stream, and the "riverfront area" within 200 feet of perennial rivers or streams. If you are planning any landscaping, clearing, filling, excavation, demolition, or construction within a wetland or floodplain, within the 100' buffer zone, or within 200' of any river or other perennial stream -- whether or not the wetland resource is on your property -- or if you are unsure if your project lies within a wetland resource area, please contact the Conservation Commission before you begin your project to determine if you will need a permit.

Building permits will not be issued by the building inspector until first signed off by a member of the Conservation Commission.

The Commission will be pleased to help you determine the procedures that are applicable to your proposed activities and to work with you in order to best protect the wetland resource areas.  Work done without a permit is subject to an Enforcement Order, which may include fines.